Sunday, September 4, 2011

Update #1 2nd HSG (uterine xray)

Wow, life has been crazy and I'm sorry I haven't updated! I can't believe it is September already...

Well, here is my attempt to get everyone up to date. Last you heard from me I was on estrogen therapy and waiting for my next cycle to start so I could have a repeat HSG.

I started the provera (progesterone) on June 23rd and 3 days after my last pill I started my next cycle. ***TMI WARNING**** I finally had a red period - not just old light, brown blood but real lining shedding. I can't tell you happy I was! So strange, I know.

On July 5th I had my 2nd HysteroSalpingoGram - or uterine xray. I was scared, and made Erik come with me again. He is so supportive! But I had nothing to fear - it didn't hurt, and I didn't get bad news this time.

It felt like a pap, that's all. No pain or cramping from the dye pushing through. I got to watch it go in on the screen and spill out my right tube. I shed tears of joy, I knew what that meant before the RE even said anything. In fact, I think he was even surprised at how fast the dye went through because they had to hustle the radiologist in so he could take the pictures!

In the end, it was good but not great news. The right side of my uterus was healthy and the tube perfectly clear. The left side was still scarred and the dye would not go very far into the left tube. So now I am only half-blocked. Dr. Young said (and I could tell he was even impressed, lol) that he thinks I have a very good chance now. I could opt for another surgery to remove more of the scarring. I said I would feel more comfortable if we just did another surgery.

So, we are okay to TTC but planning another surgery when my next cycle starts. After almost 2 years, DH's somewhat low count, and only one good tube there isn't much chance this one cycle anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment