Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Surgery Scheduled!

Well, looks like I might get "fixed" in a couple days! I am going in for surgery to hopefully unblock my tubes.

They are doing a laparoscopy (going in with a camera through the belly button to check for problems and keep from puncturing the top of the uterus) hysteroscopy (going into the uterus to check for and repair damage) and if needed tubal catheterization (putting tubes through the blockages of my tubes to clear them out).

Of course with any surgery there are the chances of complications. I am feeling very hopeful that I will be able to have a baby after all. The Dr. assured me that the procedure has an 80% chance of clearing the tubes and we don't need to take any time off of trying to conceive.

Will update how it goes in a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment